Cher-ish: to hold dear: treat with care and affection, to keep deeply in mind
I headed out for a week’s vacation of sun and beach. In my last minute of packing, I grabbed a book and sandwiched it between the beach towels, lotions, blocks, and visors. After all, you have to have something to read on vacation, don’t you? I opened the book the first afternoon on the beach but couldn’t concentrate past two pages – never opened it again.
Then, later in the week, I decided to give another book a try – one I had previewed in a trailer a few weeks before – Cherished; and I did not toss it aside.
Things I found interesting:
- The author, Bethany L. Connor, is a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army Nurse Corps. (I am a vet.)
- The material is faith based. (as is most of mine)
- Lost love. (Haven’t we all?)
- She mentions the characteristics of Penny in the movie “Secretariat.” (my favorite inspirational movie)
- Many of her quotes resonate. (“Recovering Perfectionist” for one)
Cherished – isn’t that something we all long to be? I strolled along with the author as she revealed her story of a broken heart and her journey to self acceptance. I felt tremendous compassion. But she didn’t leave me there. She journalized how she came to understand that she is a cherished daughter of the King. I am a cherished daughter of the King, and so are you. Do you believe it?
Yes, I recommend for your vacation, staycation, library, and reading list – Cherished. You won’t be tossing it aside.